Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tejeswari_123
Contributor
Contributor

Export Number to text issue

Hello Team,

We upgrade QlikView application from 12.4 to 12.65. Since then we are facing export Number to text issue, whenever we are exporting data into Excel work book , the numbers are exporting to text instead of number. we were resolved the issue by changing the format in integer but when we are giving condition using if condition, it doesn’t work.

We are trying to give condition based on category column

If category = financial then we need to get money format and if category = non-financial then we need to get integer format, looking for any work arounds available to have this issue resolved  .

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Tejeswari_123,

I ran into a similar issue assisting another customer and reported the issue to R&D, where mixed data is formatted as text when exporting to Excel. Per R&D this issue will be resolved with the upcoming release of version May 2022 SR1 (12.70 SR1), due out in September 2022.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, there isn't something you can work around. Starting with 12.5, that's how exporting works.

There's an open idea for fixing it which you can support:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Customizable-Format-Options-for-Excel-Exports-in-QlikV...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Tejeswari_123,

I ran into a similar issue assisting another customer and reported the issue to R&D, where mixed data is formatted as text when exporting to Excel. Per R&D this issue will be resolved with the upcoming release of version May 2022 SR1 (12.70 SR1), due out in September 2022.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!