Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Sheet to File with ExportBitmapToFile

Hi,

I am trying to export the entire content of a sheet to a png-file with the ExportBitmapToFile-function. The sheet is built on a high resolution of 1920 * 1080 to be shown on a HD-TV.

The problem is that the exported png-file will be cropped / truncated if the resolution of the computer/server exporting the png-file is less than 1920 * 1080. For unknown reason QlikView only exports up to the current resolution of the computer/server, not taking into consideration what the actual resolution of the QlikView-document is.

This specifically causes a problem when trying to run the export as a batch job on the QlikView-server without being logged on as the resolution will then default to what the (remote...) server has.

There are similar questions on this forum, but from what I can see, none of them have been solved.

Has anyone been able to find a working solution to this common problem?

Attaching a 1920 * 1080 screen/computer to run the export jobs is of course an option, that I would hope to be able to avoid.

Please, do notice that this has nothing to with maximizing QlikView window or similar. It is also possible to export individual objects in any resolution. The problem is a full sheet export.

It is also worth noting that the same problem exists if you manually right click and choose "Export Image to File" in a document with larger resolution than your computer, even though you for example have tried "Fit Zoom to Window", so it is not only a macro-problem.

Kind regards

Niklas

11 Replies
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Works Great! Thanks.

Now i just need to recreate my sheet inside a contanier, and make it look good

bnelson111
Creator
Creator

Yep looks like i will have to go with container. Just having issues spacing the charts in container a little awkward.