Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export To Excel With Date as calculated Dimension

Hello Every one,

I discovered issue while exporting to Excel with date as calculated Dimension (May be expression) in chart. Please see the snapshot.

Set up

1. In document properties field [In Date] ](Number) is set as M/D/YYYY

2. Same field [In Date] is used as simple field and used as calculated dimension "=[In Date]"

3. Created two chats A. Straight table B. Pivot Table

This is the scenario I created in actual i am adding date Fields dynamically using macro, so when we add dimension using macro it adds Fields with "=" sign in front of it for all the field (Dimension ), I think add dimension in macro is considering as calculated dimension. error loading image

The other strange thing I observed is, If i use straight table in the chart then export to excel for calculated date dimension changes to number while same calculated date dimension stays as it it for the format.

Does any one has any work around to represent the date in correct format when we export to excel. I am not sure what am i missing. Or any property I can set in the Macro to avoid it

Note: I tried property setting in user preference for export to excel but did not make any difference, Also tried using date() function but still the result is same. The only last thing I tried was TEXT([In Date]), but it doesn't look good and then it appears on the left align in the column of excel.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any update please?

Not applicable
Author

hi

are you using macro to send to excel ??

because manual send to excel is working fine for both the charts

if yes, send the code you have written

regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply,

I am using macro to add dimension to chart depending on selection of field, When field from macro gets added to chart gets = sign in front of it and that creats the problem. Then I export manually to excel.

I am on 8.5 version and not on 9.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, I found the solution, I was putting = sign in add dimension, I removed it and it worked well, but

I have one date is as calculated dimension and when i export it to excel it changes to number

the expression is like this.

=

IF([Queue Company] <> 'MMM' and index([Queue Name],'Unassigned') = 0, QueueStartDate)

Is there any work around, I tried with TEXT but when I export to EXCEL it takes as text only and sort is is also done by text.

Please let me know if there is any work around.

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry I was away for a while, Any update please,

Thank you.