Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export to excel using Server Scheduling

I have a macro that exports tables to excel and it works fine using the onopen trigger.

When I schedule the document to reload via the server it does not run the macro and export the files.

If I use the trigger onpostreload it still does not work.

Does anyone know how I need to set this up to get it to work?

Regards

Adrian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

I spoke with Qlikview support who told me that as I only had the server edition of qlikview and not the enterprise edition I can only schedule an application (running the macros is blocked).

They suggested I used the windows scheduler which I have done using a batch file to open qlikview, reload and close qlikview.

Not ideal but it works

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Adrian,

I think this macro must be given system access in order to write files. If you are running from the server, you may need to enable "Unsafe Macro Execution" in your Server Settings. You're correct that you need to use onpostreload. But if it still does not work, check the log file for clues.

Regards,

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Also make sure you upgrade to the latest release of SR3. SR2 contained a bug specifically related to OnPostReload (bug ID: 24192).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

I spoke with Qlikview support who told me that as I only had the server edition of qlikview and not the enterprise edition I can only schedule an application (running the macros is blocked).

They suggested I used the windows scheduler which I have done using a batch file to open qlikview, reload and close qlikview.

Not ideal but it works