Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

ExportBitmapToFile from a Task Schedule wrong resolution

Hi All

I'm hoping someone has experienced the same issue as I'm having and found a solution to the problem.

My issue is that I'm trying to update a Videowall with Qlikview stats by exporting the sheet image as a bitmap. I've basically created a vbs script that opens Qlikview, then exports the image of a sheet to a location that is picked up by the VideoWall to be shown on the sales floor.

I run the script on a Virtual PC running on Windows 7 Enterprise. It's created as a Task in the Task Scheduler in Administrative Tools so it can run daily at 8am after the app reloads with current data.

The issue is the export to bitmap works perfect when I'm logged into the Virtual PC and it's taken my screen resolution of 1680 x 1050. However when I'm logged off the Virtual PC, and the Task runs independently on the box, the resolution doesn't default to 1680 x 1050, but something much smaller (I assume 800 x 600?) and therefore the exported bitmap file only has a quarter of the image it would have as the screen capture is taking only the visible region of the Qlikview sheet.

Is there anyway around this by:

either programming vbs to take the 'whole' page not just the visible part?

or setting the resolution when I'm not logged in to still be 1680 x 1050?

If you need anymore info, please let me know.

My thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Derek

0 Replies