cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Expression Cyclic Group That Works?

Is there a simple way to toggle/select an expression from and end user point of view? I tried the "Group" button under expressions and couldn't get it to work. I have multiple expressions that work well in a table layout, but if I want to look at any one or more of these expressions by month in a line chart, I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone had any experience allowing one Expression at a time to be selected? I am attaching an Example of my scrambled data so you can see what I mean

Not to mention I have a bunch of gray lines in between months that I've never seen in other reports...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is the problem with Group option? Is it not working? And for that Gray line you have a background expression for each expression. Delete this expression you will get the blue color back.

if(even(rowno(total)),rgb(245,245,245)) --> This is the expr you have in your background color.

You can select the expression from this Group Menu as seen in the pic above.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is the problem with Group option? Is it not working? And for that Gray line you have a background expression for each expression. Delete this expression you will get the blue color back.

if(even(rowno(total)),rgb(245,245,245)) --> This is the expr you have in your background color.

You can select the expression from this Group Menu as seen in the pic above.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

no the group is not working, not allowing me to select between them all.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

can you explain a little please. Can you share some snapshots of where you having issues?

sunny_talwar

May be check this approach which is implemented for Straight table, but should work the same way for a line chart

Customizable Straight Table

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You know, I finally did get it to work, I didn't know the background formatting was there either. Thanks