Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

Expression as Script while loading the file!

Hello guys,

I would like to know what's the difference between an expression during the loading process, and an expression created at the chart's expression. Is there any difference between then? Do they use the same amount of memory?

I'm asking that because I have the following chart, with more than 10 calculated expressions, and I believe the performance could be better if the expressions were calculated during the loading process. Is that true?

Table.png

And if it's true that I can optimize the dashboard by executing some expressions during the loading process, how could I convert the following expression to be loaded during the LOADING SCRIPT?

=sum(ValorAçãoFechamentoAjustado)/((aggr(RangeSum(above(sum({<Month=, Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(Periodo, -11))<=$(=Date(Max(Periodo)))'}>} [Lucro/Prejuízo do Período]),0,275)),Periodo)*1000)/NumeroDeAções)

Thanks,
Bruno

3 Replies
brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any help?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check out the following links, should put you on the right track:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/LoadData/best-p...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/application-per...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Brett, how are you?

As I've been mentioning on most of my posts, I've just started working with QlikView, and it's really an amazing tool. I'm focused on learning as much as possible during this "quarantine" - it's a personal goal, and yep, Brazil is still in "quarantine", with the political and financial crisis, but unfortunately, we are familiar with that! 😀

Thanks for all your attention, and assistance during my "Qlikview learning process", but I'm not sure how can I solve the main issue of my question with the links you sent me. Would you mind providing me some extra help?

Thanks again,
Best regards

Bruno