Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression how to get total count if dimension is identical

Hello,

If i have a dimension Sales_team and then the Count_Sales and Total_sales_value

S_Team     Count     USD

A_1          15     5000$

A_2          10     2000$

A_2          10     2000$

A_3          30     1000$

What i would need is a temporary table which would display the total value in the row of the identical dimension

A_1          15     5000$

A_2          20    2000$

A_2          20     2000$

A_3          30     1000$

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just replace the INLINE table load with a standard Excel load script. If you're not sure how to do this I suggest you search the community/QlikView site for "build your first QlikView app" or watch the Excel video here - http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1986

As for the expressions, build a straight table chart with e.g. S_Team and USD as the dimensions. Add two expressions: SUM(Count) and SUM(TOTAL <S_Team> Count) and see the difference.  TOTAL removes all the dimensionality of the chart, and <> puts selected dimensions back in.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the script I'd probably do it like this:

Data_temp:

LOAD * INLINE [

S_Team,Count,USD

A_1,15,5000$

A_2,10,2000$

A_2 ,10,2000$

A_3 ,30,1000$

];

Map_Total:

MAPPING LOAD

S_Team,

SUM(Count)

RESIDENT Data_temp GROUP BY S_Team;

Data_Final:

LOAD

S_Team,

Count,

ApplyMap('Map_Total',S_Team,0)     AS     SumCount,

USD

RESIDENT Data_temp;

DROP TABLE Data_temp;

You could probably also achieve it in your chart objects by using the TOTAL qualifier e.g. SUM(TOTAL Count), although I always prefer putting known calculations in the script for performance reasons.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.. If I would want to load this from an external table (excel)? Sorry, im quite new at this.

Could you also provide how you would create this in the expression? Sum(total **) doesnt seem to work.

Thanks.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just replace the INLINE table load with a standard Excel load script. If you're not sure how to do this I suggest you search the community/QlikView site for "build your first QlikView app" or watch the Excel video here - http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1986

As for the expressions, build a straight table chart with e.g. S_Team and USD as the dimensions. Add two expressions: SUM(Count) and SUM(TOTAL <S_Team> Count) and see the difference.  TOTAL removes all the dimensionality of the chart, and <> puts selected dimensions back in.

Hope this helps,

Jason