Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator

Expression to use all values

Hi,

I have an expression that calculates the billable wage per location or team id however I will like to modify it to calculate for the entire company meaning all locations and team ids considered regardless if the user selects a specific location. This is the expression below

=sum({$<metric_name={'Billable Wages'},metric_grouping={'OT'} ,group_name=p(group_name), team_id=,LocationDescription=, $(vset12Months_Modifier) >} metrictotal)

/ sum({<group_name=p(group_name), team_id=,LocationDescription=, $(vset12Months_Modifier) >}hours_units)

I tried to remove the team_id=, and locationDescription=, but it is still calculating the same thing as the above expression. The goal is I also have a bar graph with the expression above so I will like the line graph expression to calculate for the entire company. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

3 Replies
AlbertoV
Partner
Partner

vupen
Partner
Partner

Replace $ in the expression with 1:

=sum({1<metric_name...

This way, the expression would consider the total data set to compute the expression, disregarding any selections made.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I tried it and the result did not change