Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extracting names from list of attendees

Good morning all,

I have exported a users calendar from Outlook as a spreadsheet and imported it into QV filtering out all the un-needed columns and in general cleaning it up so the user can manage team training outside of Outlook.

So far so good. The problem is that Outlook does not offer a lot of columns to break information up.

So we have a column called "RequiredAttendees". This column has all of the attendees for a multitude of training sessions.  Each attendee with be in several sessions and each session will have several different attendees.

I would like to create an object where I can use expressions to create a list of individual names so the user can click their name and asee all the sessions they are scheduled for.

If that can't be done, i would be happy with creating an object for each person from that same column where the user could click on a name and see the sessions they are assigned to.

I presume that I need to create one or more list boxes with one or more expressions each. If I have it wrong about the list box, let me know what other type of object I need to use.

The real issue is the expression(s). I don't know if I need to use an IF statement or WHERE statement etc. If I can do this all in one object I am not sure if I need separate expressions for each name, etc.

I need to be abl eto extract eight different trainees names from this colum which also contains trainers & managers names.

Is it possible to do what I am tryung to do?

Steve

0 Replies