Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open document

Hello All,

Need your help.

My qvw is showing failed to open document.it is showing me this error from the time i was trying to save the file.I am working on qlikview 11.how do i recover this file.Is there any way out to recover it.The size of the file is 380MB after failure it shows 4MB only.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

16 Replies
makisgianno
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo guys,

I am in the same crazy problem.

I have a desktop in my home and a laptop at my office. I use the personal edition qlik view to both my pcs to run a couple of the same files. A month ago my desktop couldn't open my qlik files any more. And yesterday my laptop!!! I tried my many backup files but none of them can open. The strange is that while i can create a new QVW file and save it, then i cannot load it... The error message is the same. File xxxx failed to load.

Solutions like "Open data reports without data" or setting to 1 the "Application Rescue" and  "Script Rescue" DO NOT work.

PLS help me i am in a desperate position. I cannot work.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is functioning exactly as it should be, although I get that it is hugely frustrating.  The point of the Personal Edition is that it is purely for use by one person and, as the biometrics to enforce this are very tricky, this is controlled by stamping each QVW file with a key based on the hardware that it was created on.  One the machine that was used to create an app can open it, using Personal Edition.

The only solution to this is to get yourself a Desktop Licence for QlikView.  You may struggle to find someone to sell you this, but it is still available on the Qlik price-list.

It's worth noting also about Personal Edition that in the ULA it states that it's not to be used for commercial purposes.  This tends to get ignored for proof-of-concept apps etc., which to my mind is what PE is great for, but it shouldn't really be used for production apps.

Perhaps the best route forward is to move to Sense Desktop, which is also free but does not have the same licence restrictions.  There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is worth it.  There is a QlikView converter tool to help you make the jump, see this blog post for more details: https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/dragging-items-into-qlik-sense-desktop/

Hope that helps.

Steve

makisgianno
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Steve,

I have done too much work to move to sense desktop... There are many lines of scripts, i do not have the courage to rewrite all these to another platform.

How can i "  You may struggle to find someone to sell you this, but it is still available on the Qlik price-list."

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All of the script and expressions will be taken across by the converter.  The charts will be created as Master Items, which make them easy to drop onto a sheet, but they layout will need to be created from scratch.

The converter may be worth a look as Sense Desktop will run happily on the same machine as QlikView and it won't take too long to find out if it will work for you or not.

To get a licence I would go to the partner list on the Qlik site (Qlik Find A Business Intelligence Solution Partner) and pick one that is local.  If you are in the UK, or there are no partners in your region, please get in touch with myself.

Steve

makisgianno
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

i am from Greece and there are no official partners in my region. Could you pls lead me to get a license.I have 4 files i am working with, and update them continuously with more features and charts and more scripts. The files are personal. What kind of licence match to me needs.? 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You require a QlikView Desktop licence, please reach out via http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/ and I will aim to help.

Steve

VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hey Steve

The tool is not available at that link any longer. Can you please make it available?