cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
250575qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Field Name in set modifier with out equal sign

what is the meaning of below expression: sum({<[Field Name1],[Field Name2]>}SalesAmount).                                                            i understamd that if we use [Field Name1]=,[Field Name2]= , then the sum function will exlude the user selection in the fields [Field Name1] and [Field Name2]. if we are not using = sign , what is the difference

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There is no difference, as far as I know. 🙂 

Regards,

Jaime.

View solution in original post

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree with @jaibau1993 

There is nothing difference having after equal for field. If you ask me, why we used that I can say - There shouldn't be any confusion between Field and Field. Hence, Can be restricted after words in set expression.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There is no difference, as far as I know. 🙂 

Regards,

Jaime.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree with @jaibau1993 

There is nothing difference having after equal for field. If you ask me, why we used that I can say - There shouldn't be any confusion between Field and Field. Hence, Can be restricted after words in set expression.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful