cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Filter Data In a Straight Table

I am trying to display 3 separate Straight Tables of data on one sheet. See the data loaded below.

Each table will display the Comments associated with each Division (the tables are split be Division).

How do I filter each table to only display the Comments from the associated Division?

Thanks

NumberDivisionComment
1Division 1Division 1; Comment 1
2Division 1Division 1; Comment 2
3Division 1Division 1; Comment 3
1Division 2Division 2; Comment 1
2Division 2Division 2; Comment 2
3Division 2Division 2; Comment 3
1Division 3Division 3; Comment 1
2Division 3Division 3; Comment 2
3Division 3Division 3; Comment 3
5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

hi Jeff,

first in your load script split Comment column using subfield function.

subfield(Comment,';'2) as comment

subfield(Comment,';'1) as division

then create 3 tables and use set analysis to identfy only 1 division.

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Oleg:

I was thinking the same thing, however I am struggling with where to put the Set Analysis string (and not sure of the context).

Jeff

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Saurabh:

I'm not familiar with "subfield" and don't really understand why using it. It seems if I put the Set Analysis in the correct location (The data in the Comment Column is sample data. I just used "Division 1; Comment 1" as example data.

In which property should I put the string <Division = {'Division 1'}> (if that is the correct string)

Jeff

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, it depends on how you'd like to show your comments. If these are expressions, and there is another dimension (Number?) that identifies each comment uniquely, then you can use Set Analysis with the Only() function:

Only({<Division={Div1}>} Comment)

If Comment should be a Dimension, then I'd use a hidden expression that could help you filter the data, for example:

Count({<Division={Div1}>} Comment)

All you need is to find an aggregation function that can accept your Set Analysis.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense