Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter using toggle

Hi all,

I have a quick question.I am having filter which contains some fields.In that filter we have exclude some fields.But business user asked in this scenario.If I select a field from the filter.it should show along with the filter Yes/No.If i click Yes it should show the field count alone.If I click No it should not show the count of particular field instead of excluding the field in filter.I have tried the functionality of toggle in qlikview but it doesn't meet the requirement.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You said, you ignore filters and again user want to filter wise. What does the mean over here. Can you explain data set and result set as you need

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Harini,

If I understand you correctly, then you can see the idea of implementation in the attached file as variant. Automation is built on the use of macros and the value of the variable varYesNo.

Regards,

Andrey

avinashelite

Could you share the complete details ...with a sample data and the required output

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Response.

I have a data set like Status and RBU. Status contains completed,Pending and cancelled. RBU is like particular business area. We are getting like how many jobs have completed /pending/cancelled are calculated based on particular area. Client have asked to exclude some of the area while getting count of an particular status.We excluded the RBU called MPT in presentation level in Expression. Now they ask like if they select the filter of MPT with yes,need to display the count of MPT/if they select the filter of MPT with no,need not  to display the count of MPT.

We can achieve or not.If we have any other option to achieve this functionality.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,But using macros it may have performance issue.Because already my application having loading and performance issue.