cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering data without Load script

Hi All,

I have a table object with a column (e.g cost) having continuous Numeric values and this table contains a Primary Key to which the data in other objects are mapped.

So My question is :

What should i do to filter the data in dashboard where cost > 10000 without using load script and there should be corresponding changes in other objects?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

you need set the filter in the tables using if conditions or you need to make use of the triggers so that when the document gets open all the required filters are applied and you will get required data

Note: When you make the selection the on open trigger will loss the functionality

View solution in original post

11 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you don't want the data to be shown anywhere in the dashboard, why keep it at the back end? Why can't you use script filter?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Usually, We can do Front end like

If(cost>10000, cost)

Note - If you want to effect all objects then there must be Same Object ID. So then it will work.

Or else why can't with script

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anil and Tresesco for your time.

Well i do not want to filter in back end because the filtering values may change. I do not want to go to load script and change it every time. I want do that in the Front end only.

@Anil Are you saying about Linked Objects?. I tried doing that but it seems if we change the columns in the one linked objects then the other linked objects reflects the same columns. I do not want that either. My different Objects have different types of data for a primary key (I.e. Member Number). please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, I am talking about Linked Objects. And Tresco already suggest to do in script also. Here, Where the values are changing. Would you show screenshots with script and changing the values. So then we can understand easily

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Alternatively you may try maintaining a variable and using that as set analysis component in your expressions. For ex.

vCostLimit=10000

ExprInChart1=Sum({<Cost={'>$(vCostLimit)'}>}Cost)

ExprInChart2=Count({<Cost={'>$(vCostLimit)'}>}Cost)

Now if you change the variable value it affects all expressions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am planning to use a slider object where the values will be selected according to our convenience. and when the values changes in the object the rows in the other objects should also change. I cannot show the screenshot as it is confidential data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes but it is not a expression i am trying to see. Consider I have all the dimensions only, I just want to see those rows which gets filter out by my condition in the dashboard.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you use straight table, you can use a dummy expression using set analysis( as I suggested above) and hide that expression column in the presentation tab; your data gets filtered accordingly in the dimensions.

avinashelite

you need set the filter in the tables using if conditions or you need to make use of the triggers so that when the document gets open all the required filters are applied and you will get required data

Note: When you make the selection the on open trigger will loss the functionality