Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II

Find the Max value with field name

i have some types of subjects for four different students and i want calculate the max marks along with subject name in a chart

here i attached the sample data,

in the given data i want to display the maximum amount of region number along with loan type.

thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If you open this link Re: Find the Max value with field name, you will see the qvw attached.

Are you not happy with the numbers you are seeing 24, 78, 98, 76 or are you not happy because you don't see the Loan Type? For seeing the loan type, change the format to 'Expression Default' on the number tab of chart properties

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have Region and Loan Type as your dimension? May be you need this:

Max(Total <Region> Aggr(Sum(Amount), Region, [Loan Type]))

eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI sunny,

thanks for your reply,

im expecting result like this.

thanks in advance

sunny_talwar

Does this look right?

Capture.PNG

Dimension:

Region

Expression:

=Dual(FirstSortedValue([Loan type], -Aggr(Sum(Amount), Region, [Loan type])) & ' - ' & Max(Aggr(Sum(Amount), Region, [Loan type])), Max(Aggr(Sum(Amount), Region, [Loan type])))

eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sunny still im not getting what i expected.

attached the result what im getting now using your expression and Dimension

kindly attach the QVW if you can

as.png

sunny_talwar

If you open this link Re: Find the Max value with field name, you will see the qvw attached.

Are you not happy with the numbers you are seeing 24, 78, 98, 76 or are you not happy because you don't see the Loan Type? For seeing the loan type, change the format to 'Expression Default' on the number tab of chart properties

eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sunny you are soo helpful,

i wish one day i were like you.

thanks a lot.

May god bless you

sunny_talwar

I am glad I was able to help brother .

Best,

Sunny