Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Formating feilds types in a crosstable

Please can anyone advise,

I'm testing a way to format fields I've previously loaded into a cross table, so there are many different types (number, text, date, etc). I'm using a reference field within an If statement. They are all originally loaded as text

Data:

NoConcatenate LOAD

Ref

Field_Name

Data_Type

Value as Original_Value

// Deal with formating

,if(Data_Type='NumD0',num(Num#(Value),'#,##0;(#,##0)') // Converts to Number, Adds 0 Decimal Place, Thousand separator and puts negative numbers in brackets

,if(Data_Type='NumD1',num(Num#(Value),'#,##0.0;(#,##0.0)') // Converts to Number, Adds 1 Decimal Place, Thousand separator and puts negative numbers in brackets

,if(Data_Type='NumD2',num(Num#(Value),'#,##0.00;(#,##0.00)') // Converts to Number, Adds 2 Decimal Place, Thousand separator and puts negative numbers in brackets                    

,if(Data_Type='Date',Date(num#(Value),'DD-MMM-YYYY') // Converts to Date

,if(Data_Type='Timestamp',Timestamp(num#(Value),'DD-MMM-YYYY hh:mmtt') // Coverts to Timestamp

,if(Data_Type='Time',Date(num#(Value),'hh:mmtt') // Converts to Time

,Value // Text String (Do Nothing)

)))))) as Value

Resident Data_Temp2;

NumD0 works, as does Date, Timestamp and Time.

Interestingly though NumD1 and NumD2 doesn't work and instead it defaults to the format set for NumD0. If I change the format there they will all change to match (i.e. 0,2 or 2 decimal places)

I'm not sure if this is to do with my code or if QV is making an assumption based on what has gone before? Any ideas? Thanks

0 Replies