Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Formats

Hi

question 1:

I have a sql statement in oracle which trucates the month in the format 'dd-mm-yyyy hr:mm:ss'. it gives the first day in a month as month , when i select that column to display as month and change the number format to date i get just date displayed , instead how do i get name of the month for eg : 01-11-2010 as Nov.

question 2 :

I have a dimension which project names which are both characters and numbers , when i select project as a dimension in a chart i get only project names with characters not numbers , is there a setting in qlikview to changes to accept both numbers and characters.

Please let me know

Thanks

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can use:

Timestamp(Now(),'MMM-DD-YYYY hh:mm:ss') *with Time

Date(Now(),'MMM-DD-YYYY') *Date Only

**replace Now() with the specific field

Geeked

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For Question 1, try looking at the Month() function:

month( date )

Month. Returns a text string representing the month when the fraction of expr is interpreted as a date, but can be formatted as a number.

Example:

month( '1971-10-30' ) returns Oct.

If the date format used does not correspond to the one set in your operating system, QlikView will not be able to make a correct interpretation. See above under day.

Regarding the 2nd question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you have an example to attach?