Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeop
Contributor
Contributor

Fractile in every row by a dimension

Hi,

i need to insert a formula for a simple fractile function that should be displayed in every row by a given dimension.

In the first example, it should be a simpe Fractile(Remuneration,0.50) by every Grade and the result should be the Median by Grade field.

Furthermore, when i filter in the second example by Jeff and Simon, it should display the same median as in the first example, including all the Grade records and not only the sorted ones.

How can this be achieved?

fractile.PNG

11 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Romeo, you have posted a Qlik Sense question to QlikView, not sure you are going to get the answer you need here.  I will see if Marcus has any ideas, but if not, I am going to move your post over to the Sense forum for you...  Things may seem to be the same, but you want to be sure you have the correct product forum as well, as there are nuances in most cases...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
marcus_sommer

I'm sorry but I don't have Sense available and couldn't therefore look into your application.

In View are the expression-results of zero per default hidden (you could enable it again within the object in tab presentation) - as far as there aren't other expressions with results on this row which force a visibility again. I'm not sure but I believe there are similar features in Sense, too.

An alternatively to this might be to transfer the selection into the dimension with a calculated dimension, maybe in this way: aggr(only(Name), Name)

- Marcus