cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjsellers57
Contributor II
Contributor II

Freeze Columns in Table Box

The Table Box has a similar look/feel of an Excel Spreadsheet, but does not allow a way to freeze columns that may be important to remain static for reasobly identify the data keys.  It would be nice if there were a selection under the presentation tab that user could define fields that you want to remain static(Freeze).

3 Replies
Not applicable

You may define in your document alternate state, where user doesnt make selections and set table box to work in that state. It will always show full data set.

regards

Darek.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use a Straight Table Chart instead of a Table Box. Dimensions in a Straight Table don't scroll.

-Rob

bjsellers57
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Rob and I have used a straight chart, but as well it has limitations.  My data source contains 40 fields and I am trying to contain the fields in a normal monitor space which requires scrolling the data.  None of the data really requires expressions, but I used expressions to host the data thus allowing the dimensions field to lock in place. Limitations are: 1) you cannot do drop downs on on the expression fields  2) if you select a filtering through the expression section the app only selects specific of the dimension.  The customer is looking for almost a look and feel of MS Excel where the main data source/key fields are locked, but also allowing drop-down and/or filtering selections to the other fields.  All within a limitation of the normal monitor 1024x768.