Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

General Script Error issue

I have a .qvw file and its only purpose is the generate multiple .qvd files.  The task will run on the server successfully for weeks at a time, and then unexpectedly, I get the "General Script Error  Execution Failed". message in the middle of the task.  All of the .qvds are creating from the same data source and stored in the same folder.  After some time passes, I can run the task again without making any changes to the .qvw script and it will run successfully.  There is plenty of disk space available.  Folder permissions should not be an issue as the task will create the first couple .qvds but then the error comes in the middle of the script.  Any ideas on how to solve or trouble shoot this would be appreciated.

23 Replies
Not applicable

In my case, has circular processing. Hour by hour.

I solved creating a QVD file to control of execution.

When execution of charge is in processes, the file control is created with a column defined as Processing.

When finish the process, the control file is created with a column defined as Processessed.

I create a QVW of validation scheduled to run before main QVW. The QVD of validation read the Processessed column's of the control of QVD. If read sucessfully, then run next step of Qlikview schedule. This QVD of validation is created with column Processed only the period between 08:00 and 18:00, oderwise is created with column Processing.

That works OK

sorry to my english. hehehe

TKS

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Believe it or not, but qvd-file can even be locked by QlikView Desktop process with no apps open, so if you run QV Desktop at the same computer QVS works at, check it. Or just make a copy of the qvd-file and try to remove it from it's original location, OS should prohibit this with a message on the reason.

Hope this will help someone.

Best regards,

Maxim

Not applicable

But what if it did not help?

Helps only restart the server Windows.

Enough for 15 days (no error!!!) - and then again error "General script error"...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speak about what I have personally experienced.