Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get all values of a field, diregarding made selections in an extension object

Hi, while coding an extension object I encoutered several problems. But first some background info) I have an extension object, which uses a field from my qlikview app as a dimension and a user defined function as an expression.

These are my problems/questions:

1) When the expression for a value from the dimension field results as 0 or null the value of the dimension doesn't seem to be passed to the extension object. So the array this.Data.Rows doesn't contain the value. I want it to have the dimension value and the value of the expression as 0.

2) When a lot of values in the field are selected, only 40 are passed to the extension. (the this.Data.Rows array contains only 40 elements)

3) How can I pass ALL the records (values) of the field used as the dimension, DISREGARDING made selections, to the extension object?

Thanks for the help.

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Answer to your first question: Goto "Dimension" tab, check "Show All Values"; goto "Presentation" tab, Uncheck "Supress Zero Values" and put 0 in the missing and null symbol option.

Second question is not very clear to me. if you want the showing limitation in the chart: goto presentation tab, Chack "Max visible Number" and put 40 or so.

third question. again not very clear. But to tell you, if you want to disregard the selection, use SET ANALYSIS and to consider all the values of the dimension field , use keyword TOTAL.

regards,

tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you for your answer, but it's not quite what I was looking for. What you are talking about is a regular object, which has all the properties that you have mentioned in the properties window of the object. What I am talking about is an extension object, which I am making myself and that doesn't have the options of a standart qlikview object and doesn't have a regular properties window.

Not applicable
Author

up

Not applicable
Author

I have exactly the same problems. Did you find any solution?

Not applicable
Author

no, not yet) still looking for the solution...

Not applicable
Author

Add a text variable to your extension with an expression like:

=concat({1}YourField & chr(9)

This way you'll be able to retrieve a tab-separated list of all the values of YourField disregarding the selection state.

Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem and found a solution here:http://community.qlik.com/message/186169

The trick: Add this line to Definition.xml

<Initiate Name="Chart.SuppressZero" Value="0" />

Note: You have to recreate the Extension Object (delete and add).