Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get info from two separate Excel sheets for different dates !!!

Hello all,

I have a doubt and i have an idea how to solve it but no idea how to translate it into script language.

I have a QV report that besides fetching info from tables in Movex, also gets some basic info from an Excel file.

Anyway i wish that from a certain date onward, the report gets the basic info from a new Excel file, without erasing what was scripted till that date.

By this i mean:

Before date x , the report uses Excel file A . After date x then report should use Excel file B.

Is there a way of placing a "if" clause on the script that can be used to solve this issue ?

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me !!!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try something like this:

Table:

LOAD Date,

Value

FROM

[Book1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet3)

Where [Date] >= '01/04/2011'

;

Table:

LOAD Date,

Value

FROM

[Book2.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet3)

Where [Date] < '01/04/2011'

;

Not applicable
Author

That is not quite what i intend. Maybe i did not explain myself very well.

Lets suppose that we have a script that is generating data using a table from Excel file A. Then from date x onward i intend to have the script to create data based on Excel file B but what was generated till date x with Excel file A  i do not wanna change. I simply want to add to the data generated from Excel file A, what is now generated with Excel file B. 🙂

I am thinkink about storing what was generated with Excel file A in a qvd file. Then i would in a separate script generate info from Excel file B and then (since the name of the fields will not change), load the qvd and join both tables ! Would it work? Thing is that i do not know how to do it 🙂 !