Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get the sum of a deadline ignoring null values.

Hi qlikview guys:

I want to get a value of my maximum date, but actually in my maximum date I don't have a value, it's null, and get the value of the maximum date where it has data, i want to skipthe null values.

I´m try with this set analysis but I was not lucky: sum({<Fecha_Abasto={'$(=max(Fecha_Abasto))'},Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Estatus_Abasto)

Tabla 1.jpg

Can any one help me?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Hahahaha yes, It would def. not be Estatus_Abasto because it is a text field. But if it is Conteo or something else, I won't know because Conteo may very well be the expression label and the actual field name is called totally different.

Sum({<Fecha_Abasto={"$(=Date(Max({<Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Fecha_Abasto), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Estatus_Abasto)

So I would ask the OP to replace Estatus_Abasto with whatever is being summed in the expression Conteo.

Thanks for pointing that out though

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

7 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Your date column is a dimension, so can you check the "Suppress when value is  null" and see if you are getting the correct results...

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Try this,

sum({<Fecha_Abasto={'$(=max({<Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Fecha_Abasto))'},Estatus_Abasto-={"-"}>}Conteo)

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Enrique,

As mentioned by Thirumala, you should enable the "suppress when value is null" option for the column "Estatus_Abasto" in dimension tab.

sunny_talwar

I think Hirish‌ your expression might run into two problems

1) You are using single quote within single quotes which might throw error

2) Fecha_Abasto is a date field and it would be better to format it using Date function here using DD/MM/YYYY as the format as it seems to be formatted like this from the image.

I would try like below

Sum({<Fecha_Abasto={"$(=Date(Max({<Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Fecha_Abasto), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Estatus_Abasto)

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Sunny,

Is it not it should be (Highlighted the field in Red):

Sum({<Fecha_Abasto={"$(=Date(Max({<Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>}Fecha_Abasto), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, Estatus_Abasto={'Abasto'}>} Conteo)

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha yes, It would def. not be Estatus_Abasto because it is a text field. But if it is Conteo or something else, I won't know because Conteo may very well be the expression label and the actual field name is called totally different.

So I would ask the OP to replace Estatus_Abasto with whatever is being summed in the expression Conteo.

Thanks for pointing that out though

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much to all! The expression worked out correctly