Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Error Cannot Open HTML file when trying to Implement Section Access-->Publisher Authorization

Hi All,

Getting Error Cannot Open HTML file when trying to Implement Section Access-->Publisher Authorization.

What could be the reason? I have 3 columns in my Section Access Table on Management Console.

ACCESSNTNAMEEMPID
USERDOMAIN\AARON1000
USERDOMAIN\AARON.V1002
USERDOMAIN\AARON.V_TO1002
ADMINDOMAIN\L2_Shivendoo*
ADMINDOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar*

Above is the Section Access table at Management console

HTML.PNG

7 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

may be u supposed to choose xml instituted of html.

Not applicable
Author

Even for XML I am getting same error.

I tried every options

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

can u able to place ur URL in any browser and see the script data?, if u can able to see..u can use the same url in qlikview by selecting xml radio button and fetch the data into qv.

Not applicable
Author

Yes,

If I click on Section Access Table and Click on link, I am able to browse the data and see the details:

Table: Section_Access_Test

ACCESS  NTNAME   EMPID

USER DOMAIN\AARON 1000

USER DOMAIN\AARON.V 1002

USER DOMAIN\AARON.V_TO 1002

ADMIN DOMAIN\L2_Shivendoo *

ADMIN DOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar *

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Before anything, make sure the account that is running QlikView services is member of the local Administrators group and that you have logged on and off locally on the server with that account (because of membership issues). Once you have logged in, open Internet Explorer and make sure you can connect properly to the AuthTable url.

Then, make sure the account that runs QlikView services is the same that tries to generate the script.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Services are running under Qlik.Service account (Member of Group Administrator and QlikView Administrator) and I am logged in with my user DOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar. I have added DOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar to local administrator as well as QlikView Administrator Group. I logged off and logged in and then tried access URL then it asked user ID and password and I provided DOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar and was able to browse the table using URL.

Script is running under my user DOMAIN\Shivendoo.kumar.

Now could you please explain where I am doing wrong? and what need to correct?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Try to use instead Qlik.Service account instead of your current one, and let us know what happens

Miguel