Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukacvetko
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Google Spreadsheets integration

Hi guys,

I know there is QVSource Connector, but is there any other custom made way to integrate Google Spreadsheets into QlikView? I know there is a way to do it if you publish Spreadsheet for everyone to see, but that is not a solution that would help me.

If there is no direct way from Google Spreadsheets to QlikView, is there possibility to automate Google Spreadsheets export to excel?

Does anyone have any experience in this field?

Regards,

Luka

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Luka, the problem is the authentication with google.

We have tried a lot of things in our site to achieve this goal, and the best we could find was the QVSource.

As you have said there is a way to do it with the token if you publish the spreadsheet, is a simple URL to configure inside the plain files wizard.

http :// spreadsheets.google.com/feeds/download/spreadsheets/Export?key=[FILE_TOKEN_ID]&exportFormat=csv

But if it's not done that way and you want security for your documents, you have to deal with Oauth2, we tried with VBS functions and we can't record the login and let the QV to load after the "login".

Your application sends a token request to the Google Authorization Server, receives an authorization code,  exchanges the code for a token, and uses the token to call a Google API endpoint.

[Image Source: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2]

The solution should be (after our thinking into it), to create some web (in asp or php) or webservice, to deal with the oauth and the download of the file, allowing QV to read the download file. In other words, create a clone of QVSource, and for us, much more time consuming than the cost of purchasing it.

P.D. I'm not related with the QVSource company.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

lukacvetko
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for detailed reply. If we find any other solution, I'll post it.

Regards,

Luka