Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Grouping of columns under header1, header 2 etc

Hi,

I have one straight table with 20-30 columns with different expressions for each column. I want to gourp these columns under different headings. I understand that pivot table is the correct approach for that but additional to whatever i have written in expressions for each column what all things needs to be defined and where in pivot table properties. Kindly give detailed explanation.

Ex:

Header 1                                      Header2

Exp1        Exp2      Exp 3             Exp4      Exp5

9 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

This is not possible in Qlikview.

You can use text boxes but it's not a good solution as the pivot table can be collapsed and expanded.

JV

Not applicable

This not possible...Insted you have this Header 1 and 2 in Dimension and drag it to the top in Pivot Table..

Eg:  Dimension 1   Dimension 2               Exp 1    Exp 2

Country 1       Branch 1

Country 2       Branch 2

Now you drag dimension to the top of Expression...(Cross Table)

Dimension 2 Dimension 1           Country 1                         Country 2

Branch 1                                     Exp 1  Exp 2                       Exp 1 Exp 2

Branch 2

But not different expression grouping..

Thanks,

Selva

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

A tricky workaround is putting textbox right above your headers and using proper fomatting you can have a very nice layout

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. Yes at the moment i have used text box but the issue is when i export to excel at that time these headings do not come as those are not part of the table chart

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

If transposing your straight table to "Horizontal" is an option, another trick is to drag one expression right above the header.

In this case when sending to excel, QlikView will 'unrotate' the table. You should write a macro to export it right

PFA

Capturar.PNG.png

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

by using macro i can get all objects present on the sheet but the limitation is it doest not work in AJAX environment

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It´s always a pros x cons balance

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have added text boxes but for some selections in my table it has more columns and hence size of the table changes and text boxes appear in wrong places coz of that. What is the workaround. how can i restrict the size of the table

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I don´t see how do this.