cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heat Map Color change based on Selection

Hi everyone,

I am new to Qlikview.  I created a Heat map with colors based on a performance scale for employees using the Background color property with an IF function. (1) My question is if I have performance standards based on employee categories how would I switch the 'colorizing' according to the category selected?  I am expressing my intent below. This might be beyond my ability right now as I just found a function Getfieldselections which would require me to check the count for (1) one selection at a time (Conditional display maybe?). Then choose a color performance set.  Because I'm new I'd like the simplest solution for now but would love to see more advanced solutions so I can attempt it later!  Thank you in advance!

Pseudo Code:

If [emp selector cat = 1] then

Background color:  if score>.90  green, >=80 yellow.....

else [emp selector cat = 2]

Background color: if score >.92  green >=84 yellow....

ColorCat 1 EmpCat 2 Emp
Green90%92%
Yellow80%84%
Red0%0%
6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

If(GetFieldSelections(Category) = 'Cat1',

If(Score <= 0.80, Red(), If(Score <= 0.90, Yellow(), Green())),

If(GetFieldSelections(Category) = 'Cat2'

If(IScore <= 0.84, Red(), If(Score <= 0.92, Yellow(), Green()))))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Does Qlikview have a Heat Map chart option? I've never seen one before in Qlik.

sunny_talwar

What exactly do you mean when you say Heat Map? An actual map or color coded chart which varies based on certain values? If it is the later, then you can create that kind of heat map. First can also be created, but might need an extension for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny but this would assume only one option is selected.  Can I set up a selector(list box) for a mutually exclusive option?  If not then the precondition for this IF would be to check for only one selection.

sunny_talwar

Not sure what do you mean when you say mutually exclusive? Would you be able to share an example?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

A user could potentially click on both categories in a selector.  It would be confusing to see two sets of employee with different criteria on a heat map together.  I could make the chart disappear with an error message telling users to select only one category. Do you know of Qlikview alternatives similar to Option buttons?

FYI I didn't realize there was a Getselectedcount when I wrote the first message.