Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hello

I'm typing a keyword in search box  and I'm having a table box popping out. Is there any possible way to populate the table box with reports only relevant to the keyword searched in the search box in Qlikview?

4 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not aware of a search box object in Qlik Sense. Could you please elaborate on the details in this scenario?

What object are you interacting with?

What action do you expect?

Should this happen when you type the search sting or when you made a selection?

Not applicable
Author

It is with respect to string. I'm Having a column named reports and I have loaded it as a field in qlikview and displayed that field as table box. If I'm typing a word in search box with respect to that word(string) the table box should change is it possible?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

In QlikView, i don't think you can capture the search string that a user enters in a search box,  just the selections that the users selects on from the search. 

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Generally I would suggest that you consider using a straight table chart object  instead of a table box for presenting data in your production applications. The chart object is a more optimized object and will simple perform better in your application.

I agree with Jonathan's comment below that you will have problems catching the search string. The only way that you could do that is through a QlikView document extension, where you catch the value of the search element and build logic based on that value.