Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help comparing months data in pivot table?

Hi, Im new to qlikview so tought I would start my community journey with a question on how to compare months (data) in qlikview.

What I would like to do is to Compare data from two different months and write the varience (percent) and create arrows (trends), up or down, depending on the variance (positive or negative)

I would like to create this in a pivottable (or any other suggestions on how it can be done?). The percentage variance I would like to show in a seperate column, and the trend-arrow next to it. (See attached file)

Stores and months are set as dimensions and the varience and arrows as expressions.

Im not really sure how I should compare two months with eachother =if (Sum([Retail Price]) *Feb* > Sum ([Retail Price]) *Jan* ... ?

This is where I get stuck, tried to look around but thought this would be the best way to get a good answer.

Anyone that is up to help?

In the attached file is the data created in a pivot. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

My variables are (Stores) = Store Postcode

Sales = Sum ([Retail Price])

And months = months..

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you need the something like the "Total" table  (I named it as "total", it shows Jan to Apr and diference between Jan & Feb, Feb & Mar, Mar & Apr)

in the attached file?

Best regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hey, Nice!

Great illustrations Ashutosh! Specially the island chart!

I ended up using Ashutosh suggestion using the chart inter record functions,

My final ended up:

Pivot table:

Dimension: Stores, Months

Expressions,

1. sum([Retail Price])

2. RangeSum(sum([Retail Price]),-Before(sum([Retail Price])))/Before(sum([Retail Price]))

3. if(Variance>0,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_ne_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_sw_r.png')

Might sound little strange, but seems to actually work for my purpose!

Final.png

Aydin thanks! Yep thats it, sum({$ <Month={'Jan'}>} [Retail Price]), so thats how you get 'Jan'

Ashutosh, Bilge Aydin and Jason, thank you for your time!

yakir_manor
Contributor III
Contributor III

cool, this is exactly what i wanted, i attached my Qvw with your changes (: