Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III

Help me in displaying the data on barchart?

Hi All,

Help me in displaying the latest 10 dates and values in chart?

Please find the attached application.

Thanks,

Durga

20 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can simply use the "Dimension Limits" tab on the properties of the chart and select "Date" and select "Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression" and have "Show Only" largest 10 Values - which means:

Largest 10 values for Date translates into The Last 10 Dates...

2015-09-11 #1.PNG

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Tres,

it is working but when clicking on the bar it is not showing the data. throws error no data to display.

it need to drill down when i am clicking bar in bar chart.

Petter,

i want show the last (latest) 10 dates what ever the data (may be largest or smallest) but not largest values.

Please advice.

Thanks

Durga

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It actually is the same - it is the largest values of the dimension Date. The "largest" 10 dates are the last 10 dates ... it is not the largest 10 values of the expression.

Study it closely and you should see that it is correct I think

tresesco
MVP
MVP

A date can't have multiple weeks, so there is nothing to further drill down from your group. Could you explain your expected drill behaviour?

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

tres,

I am talking about drill down of bar in barchart. click on first bar in barchart, you know the issue.

modified app attached.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Uncheck 'Supress When Value is Null' in dimension tab. Is this behaviour okay? QlikView doesn't drill to a further level where there is single value (as the case here with your case; from DATE to a Week; a DATE can have only single value).

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Tres,

After unchecking the supress when values is null, it drill downs but it not showing the date under bar?

why it happens.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

null values.JPG

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is not giving latest 10 dates, it is missing some dates with lowest values.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

tres,

it need to drill down on that date upto trigger ID level. ex( IT5 and IT4).

please advice