Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rt_new_user
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help needed with an expression to visualize data into a line chart

In my line chart i have to use Dimensions as 00 hr, 1 hr, 2 hr, 3hr etc.

Struggling to figure out what expression i use to display on x-axis these hours 00, 1hr, 2hr etc

On Y-Axis i want to display Test_KPI but only when it is equal to  = DownloadRate [KBits/s]

So the expectation is that if i manage to plot this, there will be a distint value for DownloadRate at each hour 

Another complexity is to add the name of the TG Operator this belongs to.

Hope the question is clear.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Qlikhelp.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your load script will be as below.

Crosstable(ColumnName,Value,16)

Load .....,

Avg,

IXP..,

KPI.

From xyz;

Then remove the KPI,Avg... and unwanted fields from that, which will eventually keep only hours, which is what you need.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, You must first convert your crosstable structure to Normal Table using the Crosstab function.

Check more help in below link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/work-with-...

Once you do that It will be easy for you to show that information in line chart.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rt_new_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Kaushik

Thanks for that great suggestion. I did apply the Crosstable structure and the data looks much more simpler to handle for graphing. 

This is the format of my raw data:

rt_new_user_0-1603369181221.png

And this is my Load script:

Crosstable(Hour,KPI_Value,4)

LOAD

KPI as KPI_Name,
Country as Test_Country,
Operator as Test_Operator,

FROM
[E:\Qlikview\RT\IPX_SYN2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Sigos Speed Test Pre]);

The output data now looks like the below and very close to what i need, however just take a note of the last 4 values in the Hour table (avg, IPX Routing, KPI and Operator), how do i get rid of these values and only have hours from 00 till 12:

rt_new_user_1-1603369461520.png

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your load script will be as below.

Crosstable(ColumnName,Value,16)

Load .....,

Avg,

IXP..,

KPI.

From xyz;

Then remove the KPI,Avg... and unwanted fields from that, which will eventually keep only hours, which is what you need.

rt_new_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Mate

i just had to replace 16 with 8 and it worked like a charm. Thank you.