Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help regarding Section access

Hi foks,

I'va a small query regarding section access. I've implemented section access, restricting access for the users to a particular country.

The data is reduced successfully up on the corresponding user login. However when the document is reloaded with any userid ,the document is fetching all the data.

Can any one help me how I can avoid this.My concern is I don't want to prevent users from reloading the document to achieve this.

Thanks,

Surendra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

I guess that your problem is that even the users that are on the Section Access table as "user" have the possibility of reloading the document.

The section access is loaded and executed when the document is opened, so once it has been opened, reloading the script will fetch all the data but the section access won't be executed again.

You can change the security policies for the document unchecking the "Allow User Reload" check on the Security tab of the Document Properties menu:

DocProperties.jpg

If you don't want any user (user or admin) to be able to reload the data you can uncheck the Reload option as well.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

I guess that your problem is that even the users that are on the Section Access table as "user" have the possibility of reloading the document.

The section access is loaded and executed when the document is opened, so once it has been opened, reloading the script will fetch all the data but the section access won't be executed again.

You can change the security policies for the document unchecking the "Allow User Reload" check on the Security tab of the Document Properties menu:

DocProperties.jpg

If you don't want any user (user or admin) to be able to reload the data you can uncheck the Reload option as well.

Hope it helps.