Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Trellis

Hi everyone!

I need to use a Guage Chart to represent the percentage of budget consumed from a defined budget, for one o more years. For several years I had no problems, but when I need to show information for only one year I have encountered a visualization problem.

I have represented my chart using "Trellis" property from Gauge Chart, but when there only one year to show, I can see a white zone without information. Is it possible to hide ir, or even better, adjust my chart depending how many information it shows?

Here you are two screenshot of what I mean:

--> With only one year selected:

--> Two years selected:

--> For more than 2 year selected a vertical scroll appears.

Thank you so much for your help

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I don't think it's possible to adjust accordingly. You can show/ hide multiple charts according to a varible but still it's a problem to show the same gauge on that area because you need to increase the height of it in order to cover the area.

You can show/ hide with another type of chart fitting the area maybe.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer Serhan, that was exactly what I feared. My problem is that I don't know previously the number of years a user can select, so showing/hidding a chart is quite a problem.

Anyway, I will try to find a good way to solve this.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

It rather looks like a front-end design problem to me, instead of a chart's unability. Because even if you know a user will select 3 years for example, what will the chart do? Will it show them on 2 rows?

You need to fix it somehow (like just showing the maximum year or max 2 years etc.) or create some conditional charts for the number of years selected.

Gauges always create space problems. I try to avoid user selections affecting gauges. It is acceptable if it's a dashboard.

BR

Serhan