Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide column in pivot table under a condition

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to hide a column in a pivot table under a certain condition.

The problem im facing with this is that (See the attached pictures) I have a pivot table
with a 'Times Used column' and a Rank column.
2016-12-15_14-39-26.png
When I
expand the 'Times used column' you can see

the data that has been used that amount of times. But now the rank column changed to ranking the

data from the expanded field.2016-12-15_14-39-57.png
I want to make it so that when I expand the times used column, the rank column hides.

2016-12-15_14-39-57(2).png

Thanks in Advance!

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be you can make use of Dimensionality() function to do this.... would you be able to share a sample to help you with the exact thing?

Not applicable
Author

I dont think I can due to secrecy of the data im using, but I'll take a look at the Dimensionality() function

sunny_talwar

I was looking at just an app with dummy data . I just don't have time to create a sample at my end

Not applicable
Author

I'll try to make a separate qvw with the same thing, but it'll take a bit of time

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't think there's a way to use a function that checks whether a dimension is expanded or not.

If the issue is the value on the rank function, you can put in some parameters so that instead of showing 1-4, it will show either 1 for all of them, or even increment them as 1, 2, 3, 4. Using a TOTAL can probably stretch the rank across all the dimensions as well.