Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III

How Create Note on chart columns

Dears

based on below chart, I have revenue drop in some days,

I want to show the reason on drop when I press or hold mouse on it.

is that way to apply this feature?

any ideas regarding this issue?

chart_note.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Are you using QlikView server or Desktop?
Have you heard about Annotations in QlikView?

This community thread talks a little bit about it.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Annotations-in-Qlikview/td-p/1147463
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi
I'm using Qlikview Desktop and I've create URL for it to show it to my managers.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am a bit confused here, as you mention creating a URL, which should mean you are using QlikView Server to show things to the managers, and if that is the case, then Annotations is the right way to go, but you need to open the app via QlikView Server to add your notes before passing along the link to the app to the managers in that case...

Here is the Help link regarding the feature, scroll down to Allow Server Annotations, very short description:

To enable server annotations, that is, to let clients present annotations for sheet objects in the documents, and to allow users to view, write, edit, and delete annotations, tick this check box. To disable server annotations, untick this check box.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Qli...

Again, the key is for you to make your annotations via QlikView Server, not the Desktop client.  The only other thing I ran across would be to create a Custom Object, but that is likely more work than is needed here.  Hopefully this may help, it follows upon Wlad's comment above.  

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.