Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

How can I get the name of the active bookmark?

Can someone supply code that will return the name of the active bookmark?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Not applicable

i have the same problem, i need the name of the current selected bookmark in my variable.

please, who can help me with this issue.

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yeeee Haaaww!! - it's Cowboy Qlikview pre-sales work-around time!

This is a possible solution via a work around and may not be practical in a production environment but here goes:

I've looked for a vb solution to the issue but there seems to be no way to return the current active Bookmark so as a result we're left with the below:

Bin the Bookmark object. Instead use buttons to select your bookmarks (if there are hundreds obviously this won't work too well), lets say for simplicity we have BM A and BM B, you'd have 2 buttons (you guessed it one labelled 'A' and the other 'B') upon clicking the button labelled 'A' an action is called to 'Apply Bookmark' A and then (here's the crucial bit) set the value of a variable (vCurrentBookmark?) to 'A'. Conversley when button B is pressed BM B is applied and the vCurrentBookmark is changed to 'B'.

In theory this could work for any number of BM's but above a few it's going to cause issue of managability...as I said; 'Cowboy workaround'.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

t depends on how you define an "Active" bookmark. Bookmarks set a state but are no longer in play once the state is set. The same state matching a given bookmark could be arrived at through selections. And a user can modify pieces of a bookmark state after the bookmark is applied, making it no longer "active/matching".

In addition to Matt's suggestion above, Jonathan has offered a novel take on bookmarks here:

http://yahqblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/novel-bookmark-display.html

-Rob