Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I set a date-value from a set of date-value by a trigger?

I have a Multibox with a Date as Field (myDate), instead of choosing a single date I would like to select the latest date of a month respectively of a fiscal month (accounting period).

In a Text Box I can simulate the behaviour, if I chose a month i set the date-field to: =Date(Max(myDate)). But i have to find a way that out of a collection of dates a single date will be selected, maybe by a trigger.Let say if I choose Accounting Period = 8 the date shoulb be set to 31-07-2011 (with DATE(MAX(myDate)). Can I do this with a field trigger ? If yes, how?

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking, but are you looking for how to implement the field trigger?

Set an OnChange trigger on Accounting Period and use a Select in Field action with the field name myDate and the Search string =Date(Max(myDate))

Or you can use a variable to track the last date (no trigger required) by defining it as =Date(Max(myDate)) (with the = sign)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein