Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do download and view QVW files on this site

People have posted .qvw files on this site. I am unable to open them with the free software. Do I need to purchase a Named User License or Document license in order to view the .qvw file?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cliff,

In the previous version of QlikCommunity, the uploaded files were "personal edition-friendly".  Try to report this issue to the Community admins.

Regards,

Michael

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Cliff,

Yes, that is correct. There are some cases where we can convert those files to be Personal Edition available, but this does not depend on us. So basically yes, you need a Local license or to borrow a license from a QlikView Server.

Check the Personal Edition FAQ for further info:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799

Regards,

Miguel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Michael,

We are aware of this, and I invite you to discuss this by email as I do think that many files uploaded here would be helpful to many people that because of the license, are unable to see them.

However, given the number of files uploaded every day, I don't think that making all these contents Personal Edition available would be a good idea, because of many reasons (many of them I'm sure you are thinking of already).

Anyway, if you see any document you feel it's worth being available for everyone because of its design, functionality or help, please let us know!

Kind regards,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I Work for a retail Company and we are using QV recently, and we like this application

QlikView

We are planning to use this one as a sample,So can you please provide me with a reduced QVW for this one?

It will be a great help for me and my team and also for our company.

Here is my email address :-

sujith.matharasi@jjill.com

Thanks,

Sujith

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sujith,

Almost all applications in the demo portal can be downloaded. Check here:

http://us.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Expense%20Management.qvw

And click on the link "Download (.QVW)". That should work with personal edition as well.

Kind regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks a lot