Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do i load MySQL Database in Qlikview

I am new to qlikview. I need to know how to load MySQL database in Qlikview. How to create ODBC connection for this purpose. Any links or stuff on the web where i can know this?

13 Replies
pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Chetan4720,

you will need to install a connector, i have attached the install files for windows, one is for 64bit, and the other one is for 32bit

Not applicable
Author

thanks...i installed the connector. i created a user DSN and connected to 'northwind' database in MySQL. also the connection test succeeded. in Qlikview i went to 'Edit Script' and tried to use ODBC connection. The connection is successful (as it says) in Qlikview. But i am not able to see my tables from MySQL DB in Qlikview nor any columns.

Can u please help? Also i have used username and password as 'chetan' and 'chetan123'

pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

1. Did you select the connector when you setup the connection in ODBC, called "MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver" ?
  2. Did you enter the correct database name? could be the reason why you are not seeing anything?
  3. Where you able to select a database when the connection was sucessfull, from the drop down?
Not applicable
Author

sorry i tried and i figured it out how to find the tables...actually everything was fine...i just was not finding in right place..the ccolumns from different tables are now visible when i click 'Select' button..thank u very much

pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

Glad to help

Not applicable
Author

remember to mark some answer as the correct, for the discussion not being open forever

Not applicable
Author

Will this work when connecting to an online dreamhost server?  Will I have to change the port from 3306?  For the TCP/IP server I'm using the one on dreamhost which is mysql.sitename.com.

Not applicable
Author

When I test the connection it say Connction Failed...  Can't connect to mysql server on 'mysql.sitename.com' (10060)

Not applicable
Author

hi

you can check your server port open or no, please check in here

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

thanks