Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you Show Expression Names in Graph Cycle Group?

I have a chart with a cycle group to switch the expression being displayed. The cycle group is working properly, but is there a way to get the expression name to show up next to the cycle group icon? If there is no label, you can't tell what's being plotted (and basically there is no y-axis label). When I create a cycle group for the dimensions (x-axis) the dimension names always show up without me having to change anything in the properties. How do I get the names to show up for expression cycle groups?

Expressions Cycle Group.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

How about this one. Also attached is an example. You can press Ctrl+Shit and then move the title to any place you want to position.

Test1.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you check 'Show title in chart' in General Tab the expression name will display on the top of the chart like below

Test.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You could use the 'text in chart' feature and the 'getcurrentfield' function to dynamically return the field name. Then use CTRL-SHIFT to move the text to where you want on the chart.

sample:  GetCurrentField([YourGroupName])

Not applicable
Author

Hi Katrina,

I don´t know if i get it right, I assume that you have expressions on your cycle group and it does not shows on the chart. So, when you created the cycle group, you added some fields and/or expresions, there is a text bellow to assign the label to each field/expression, try editing your cycle group and assign labels to every field/expression on you group, and tell me how did it go.

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

My group of expressions doesn't have a group name. See attached image of properties. I think this idea would work the best for my layout, but I'm not sure what to put in as my group name.

Expressions cycle.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ajay, this does work, but for layout purposes, I really would like the label to be right next to the cycle group icon.

Not applicable
Author

How about this one. Also attached is an example. You can press Ctrl+Shit and then move the title to any place you want to position.

Test1.png

Not applicable
Author

That's perfect! Thank you so much.