Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III

How many columns a Qlikview script table should have?

I’ve a data model in which we have approximately 150 columns in a Qlikview script table. We don’t have any performance issue yet, I’ve one more table that I can join to combine two tables to make it one of 250 columns table (script table NOT Design table).

Just looking for the advice, will it impact the performance? or is it a bad design?

Thanks for helping out.

Cheers,

Zeeshan

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

lets start with some obvious questions :

Do you need all 260 columns? what kind of data do they contain? and how many rows will there be?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

as per the database standards u can load up to i think so 256 columns in a table!

but ,r u thinking to display all these columns in single chart/table in qlikview GUI?, the answer is yes,depends on ur data/the number of rows  the application will be effected.

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I do need all the columns to show in different charts/sheets. Data format is text not pictures and total rows are around 20,000 with the expected growth of 30% year over year.

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I do need all the columns to show in different charts/sheets. Data format is text not pictures and total rows are around 20,000 with the expected growth of 30% year over year.

The biggest Qlikview design table might have 60-70 columns, other design tables will have 20-30 columns.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

so wht I understood,ur planning to create multiple chart/table objects and represent all ur data on top of those objects.not on singly chart/table!

so u can happily load ur data,it won't impact any performance issue as per ur above data/ lines.