Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Avoid repeated values in Straight Table, or merging the values based on one column

I have straight tables which have 10 more columns, Column CLAIMS & EXPENSES have value for each Part Number.

But i need to show only one value not to repeat on next row. Due to this while export and check the sum in Excel Sum values doubles.

If there is any way to avoid this? Is there any merge option for this type of problem.

Untitled.png

27 Replies
avinashelite

hmm could you show us the sample output your excepting ?? because if the same value is associated with 2 different year then it will obviously it will come as 2 different rows and in the excel it will sum up .....In this case you need to apply the year filter and analysis the sum other wise it will be an issue

OR

instead of adding the year as an dimension ...build 2 expression for each year that will solve the issue

Hope this helps 

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, my first Guess is that you have concatenate two (or more) fact tables With a datefield. One of those contain year 2019.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here i attached sample output, as well as excepting table also shown in excel.. !

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok, let me Guess again, Expression (Values)  EXPENSES and CLAIMS is from one fact table, the other Expression is from another. This is probably concateneted in script. when concatenate tables, all Dimension Field thats should be used in Your straight table should be common in both fact tables, if not, you will see this behaviour.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Correct Staffan.. I am using two different data sets in back ground, which i am using straight tables here in the APP, which join based on Part Number.

Is there any method to avoid this behaviour? Otherwise any merge option works?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, a join is used, it would be useful to see what Field who is in the join table. Could it be that MAJOR, MINOR and MY OUT  is in the joined table?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No i am using only Part Number dimension to join both the tables. Because Part number is Primary key in both tables.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Could you show us some sample app or screenshot from script? will be useful.

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Ramkumar,

have you tried setting the text color to white if the expression's value is the same as a row above?

table.png

I used the following expression for text color: if (above(TOTAL [CLAIMS])=[CLAIMS], White(), Black())

Cheers,

Mathias

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So when export to Excel, the textcolor wont affect sum in a row?! Are u serious?