cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Reduce Calculation time for a given object

Hi qlikgurus,

for one my gauge chart the calucation time is 41480 and for text box the calculation time is 13260.... (as there are many object in this sheet of all those these two objects are loading very slowly )

when i moved them in to a different sheet the calculation time decreased to

gauge chart - 12342

text box - 12324

the main problem is in expression area ( i'm using variables to calculate these expression and these are very complex as i have a single KPI which is a roll up of 5 metrics (each with of different relativeness) and has to sastify many conditions (there are many 'IF' condition too)

so in short,.....there is no way that i can change these expression (that's how the logic is required )

And as of now i'm working on my local machine does the calculation time changes when deployed into server ?

will the increase in CPU's  have  any impact (decrease in Calculation Time)

the calculation which is shown is it in microseconds ?

any suggestion will be lot help ful

Thanks

Sri

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sri,

My first reaction would be to put calculation inside the script.

I have also noticed that as a tweak, to have your charts minimised to begin with. This reduces calculation time for observed charts.

Kind regards,

Antoine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Antoine,

i'm declaring all the variables in the script using "set" and using the  variable names in chart expression .... the main problem is all these variables are inter-realted to other varibles that are being calculated at the same time .

and one more issue that seems to me every time we navigate from one sheet to another .....these are variables are getting calculated may there no cache thing going and is very furstating that it's taking minutes to naviagte form maim sheet to next sheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I meant was to calculate the variable (not only declare it) inside the script.

Then you only present your figure in the chart (and not calculate it on the fly), reducing this way calculation time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just used let to each variable but it's still the same (little better than earlier)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

maybe then include some of the common variables as fields inside some of your tables.

Might require some additional manipulation in the script though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that may not be possible not of them are in relative percantages which dynamics per selections.....

let hope some one can pour better workaround

Thanks again

Sri

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any more suggestion plz

prabhas277
Creator
Creator

HI,

For example i have one expression in straight table like sum(sales). how i can write the same expression in script  leavel? but the i want see the output in UI level only