Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Reload the data from 2 to 10 Years

Hi Community memers,

I have problem in reloading data.The end user should be given the ability to decide how much data should be loading during data refresh.

example: 2 or 3 years of data should be asked to the user    

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks ramasamy, thanks for your response.I will try it

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

Thanks for the help.  But i dont want to restrict the data initially.  I want the full data set from database.  Once the data is available in dashboard the user can choose the date range and then filter the full data set for the selected range.

Thanks

Ramesh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Ramesh,

If user select 2 or 10 years then qlikview automatically calculates for the selected years.  Can you explain what you require with an example.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan

Thanks for the response

What i am looking for is the following.

1. Using ODBC connection i am fetching the data from Oracle Database.

2. The fetched data is historical data

3. I want to create a dashboard where there user can choose the date range to filter the data ( like input to get start date and end date from dashboard ). 

4. Based on this input the data should be refreshed in the dashboard.

Also if you are sending me an example can you send me the script related to it.   Reason is that i am using personal edition which has some restriction.

Thanks

Ramesh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Ramesh,

PFA file, hope it helps you. 

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan

This is what i wanted. But instead of graph i need the data to displayed for the selected period in a container.

For example

When i choose 1/1/2010 - 1/1/2011 it should display only 2 rows in the container.

If you think differently other than container please do let me know.

Steps what i did

1. Created a Container.

2.  Added 3 fields into the container.  Since Container does not have conditional expression so i added the expression in 3 individual fields.

After adding this i am not able to retrieve only that data range which is given in the inpuit

Thanks

Ramesh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Instead of adding fields in the container you add a chart(straight table) to a container.  You do not have any expressions for Container, you can just include Filter or charts in the container.  PFA hopt it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan

Thanks again for your help.

I am attaching my example.  In this I have the input as start_date, end_date and batch_name.  Using these 3 i should display the data for the inputted field.

From your example I found we need an aggregate function on field.  Let me know how I can filter the data.

Thanks

Ramesh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Ramesh,

Your DataModel do not have a field called VIEWCOUNT, that's why you are getting no data in chart.  Replace VIEWCOUNT field with appropriate field.  PFA.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan

It works.  Appreciate your help.

Ramesh