Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fion_c
Contributor
Contributor

How to associate column in different table through writing script in data load editor

I have three tables

table 1:

user id, product , company

table 2:

sales id, sales, name

table 3:

Id, age, address

user id from table 1, sales id from table 2 and id from table 3 are the same things.  

How can I associate them without renaming the column title.

4 Replies
Almen
Creator II
Creator II

You can duplicate the field if you want to keep the original. 

table 1:

user id as ID$,

user id,

product ,

company

table 2:

sales id as ID$,

sales id,

sales,

name

table 3:

Id as ID$,

Id,

age,

address

Fion_c
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply.

However, it cannot match other information.
For example, when I put ID$, name and age together , they can't be matched.

Almen
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure if I follow. You've stated all three ID fields are the same thing. Therefore I assume you can link them together. If one of those fields has an ID missing, there can't be a match with that table obviously.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe you can simply create an alias of each of those where that alias is the same name across all three tables, that should automatically link the tables for you, but given your post above, I am not sure what is what you want to do now, but that is what you indicated on the initial post...  Need further clarification otherwise.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.