cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saivina2920
Creator
Creator

How to calculate blank field along with user Input data

I have calculated data with <10, 10 to 30 and >30 days.

In that, I have some blank field in EMP_RELIEVE_DATE column.

I have no problem if date value exists and it should calculate as it is. But, if i found any blank cells in EMP_RELIEVE_DATE then i am in a position to calculate the below.

When the user enter Input like say 10, then it should add with EMP_RESIGN_DATE and then consider it is EMP_RELIEVE_DATE. if EMP_RELIEVE_DATE Is blank only then consider User Input data + EMP_RESIGN_DATE.

How to perform this action.

I have enclosed sample data and qlik file

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Take a look at my attached application. Notice that I needed to add a key that identifies the row (or at least each possible combination of the two dates)

Vegar_0-1608497877062.png

saivina2920
Creator
Creator
Author

Really we appreciate your help. 

pls. find attached for more reference.

Have some correction in the attached sample screenshot. pls. have a look and revert

Note : Blank and Non blank count of date should maintain in the same table OR we can hide the table of blank date count and we can show non blank of date count and vice-versa.

Also i used in the expression as mention below conditions.

[FROM]={'*MARIAM*'},

[EMPSTATUS]={'Current'}

[TO]="$(vPlaces)"

saivina2920
Creator
Creator
Author

pls. let me know if you need any more details.

we already processed 70% of logic. but, performing the blank cell logic is little bit struggling to form the count.

saivina2920
Creator
Creator
Author

pls. update me once derived concepts..

saivina2920
Creator
Creator
Author

I am looking urgent help and we have to close the issue..

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm sorry, but I looked at your post but don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish. That in addition to my own project that I have to close before the holidays have kept me from further investigations and suggestions. 

Maybe someone else in the community have the time and understanding to help? 

However, if you by now do have a expression that works when user input is null  and a expression that works when it is not null. You could switch between these by using an if().

If(len($(vUserInput)) >0, expression1, expression2)

Good luck. 

saivina2920
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

below is the clear step to understand the requirement.

STEP 1 ) if EMP_RELIEVE_DATE column value contains date, then we have to calculate below

EMP_RELIEVE_DATE ==> perform the count <10days, 10 to 30 Days, > 30 Days

STEP 2 ) if EMP_RELIEVE_DATE column value is null or blank, then we have to calculate below

Get the User Input + EMP_RESIGN_DATE ==> perform the count <10days, 10 to 30 Days, > 30 Days

STEP : 1 already performed and working well. The little bit difficult is to get the count of, if if EMP_RELIEVE_DATE column value is null or blank.

i already clearly explained in the last attached image.

If anyone understand the above, pls. respond for further steps.

Note : pls. find attached excel file for clear reference.