Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to calculate the percentage of counts

Hi All,

I am new to QlikView and this is my first open question. Apologies if this is really basic.

I have a file with 3 columns , emp_ID , productive_Hours , available_Hours .

Utilization is calculated as productive_Hours / available_Hours ( i am able to do this in QlikView )

what I want to compute is how many employees have utilization less than 50% as a percentage of the total employees.

My input file has duplicates on Emp code as in case of E1. ( here utilization is calculated as sum of productive_Hours / sum of available_Hours)

I am not able to calculate "Ratio of Count of yes to the total count of records" ( in this case 4/9 or 44.44%)

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rohit

Formulas usedInput 1Input 2input1 / input2if( utilization < 50%
then yes
else no)
emp_IDproductive_Hoursavailable_HoursUtilizationDeployable ?
E1505067%no
E11040
E2859094%no
E32010020%yes
E41010010%yes
E50700%yes
E67510075%no
E79010090%no
E801000%yes
E95050100%no
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Rohit,

This expression in a text box give you the answer:

=Num(Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID))/Count(DISTINCT emp_ID),'0.00%')

44.44%

If you're new to QlikView it will be hard to follow. The tough bit is the part that calculates the number of emp_ID whose ratio of productive to available hours is under 0.5.

The Aggr function is very useful but takes a but of time to learn. It takes an expression followed by one or more dimensions and creates an in memory array a bit like a straight table. Because it creates an array not a number we need to put it inside an aggregation function such as Sum() to get a result.

Aggr(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours),emp_ID)

Creates an in memory table like this:

emp_ID Utilisation
E166.67%
E294.44%
E320.00%
E410.00%
E50.00%
E675.00%
E790.00%
E80.00%
E9100.00%

Changing the formula as shown below returns an array of 1s:A 1 for each emp_ID with Utilisation < 0.5:

Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID)

emp_ID Utilisation
E1
E2
E31
E41
E51
E6
E7
E81
E9

Now we place the Aggr expression inside an aggregation function, a sum function that adds up the 1 s to give us our answer.

Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID)) returns 4.

Kind regards

Andrew

View solution in original post

7 Replies
nilapril2010
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

At the time of data loading, create a new column deployable As :-

If(Input1/Input2>=50,1,0) As Deployable

Then your two expression will be :-

Expression 1:- If(Deployable=1,'Yes','No')

Expression 2:- (Ration count)   Sum(Deployable)/Sum( Total Deployable)

Regards

Nilanjan

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Rohit,

This expression in a text box give you the answer:

=Num(Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID))/Count(DISTINCT emp_ID),'0.00%')

44.44%

If you're new to QlikView it will be hard to follow. The tough bit is the part that calculates the number of emp_ID whose ratio of productive to available hours is under 0.5.

The Aggr function is very useful but takes a but of time to learn. It takes an expression followed by one or more dimensions and creates an in memory array a bit like a straight table. Because it creates an array not a number we need to put it inside an aggregation function such as Sum() to get a result.

Aggr(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours),emp_ID)

Creates an in memory table like this:

emp_ID Utilisation
E166.67%
E294.44%
E320.00%
E410.00%
E50.00%
E675.00%
E790.00%
E80.00%
E9100.00%

Changing the formula as shown below returns an array of 1s:A 1 for each emp_ID with Utilisation < 0.5:

Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID)

emp_ID Utilisation
E1
E2
E31
E41
E51
E6
E7
E81
E9

Now we place the Aggr expression inside an aggregation function, a sum function that adds up the 1 s to give us our answer.

Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(productive_Hours)/Sum(available_Hours) < 0.5,1),emp_ID)) returns 4.

Kind regards

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andrew ,

Really helpful , solves my current problem and also opens up some thoughts on how to use inmemory array.

Regards

Rohit

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Rohit,

Glad to be of help. If you're satisfied that I've answered your question please mark as correct.

Thanks

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew

Under the Actions button I could see a single option "Helpful", so I selected the same. Not sure how to mark your solution as Correct.

Regards

Rohit

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Do you see a green star followed by the test "Correct Answer" on every post?

If you click on that, you flag that post as the Correct Answer.

You can only do this once per topic.

I will do it for you for this topic .

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Onno van

I was not able to see the Correct answer button to the replies to this post.

I am able to see it for replies for another question I posted.

This Qlik community is really helpful

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Rohit