Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create Date Range selection and connect it to data

Hello there, I am new to QlikView and this Forum, I would very much like your help on the following matter:

I am developing a report (tap) in a QlikView file that already contains other reports (taps)

in this report I am extracting a table lets call it table X and in this table I have data fields and 2 of those fields are Valid_From and  Valid_To  ,   now those 2 date fields are requested to be in 2 calendar object where Valid_From is to be Start Date and Valid_To is to be End Date.

This might have nothing to do with anything but a master calendar already exists for the other reports (taps) which I am not planing to use.

1- Could you please help me create a Start Date and an End Date calendar object that can control the content of the extracted data from table X?

2- What is the best object to use to show these data sets? the customer requests it to be in a table format.

Thank you

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey,this expression can be set in charts objects but if i want to filter records in table box object.Please tell me,how we can do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

i want to compare current sales with previous sales on basis of selection of date range from calendar

so following is the expression  :-

Curr_Year=max(sold_year)

Prev_Year=max(sold_year)-1

bprev_Year=max(sold_year)-2

for current year expression

=sum({< Sold_Date = {'>=$(=Date(vstart),Curr_Year)<=$(Date(vend),Curr_Year)'} >}[inv value]/Sales_INR_Unit)

is this correct?