Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajkumar
Creator
Creator

How to create different types of admin roles in qlikview qmc

Hi everyone,

We have requirement to create separate access for different users. Let's say that one user should see only reload task ,other user should only documents and other user should see license.

Please advise if you have any idea?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would recommend you to check out this part of the  community Qlik Sense Governed Self-Service.

You should also take a look at the document below. The details can be a bit old due to changes in the granularity of qlik sense security rules  but it is still good in general terms.

Governed Self Service Settings Configuration Guide

Rajkumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, I need it in qlikview.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

In QlikView you are not as flexible as in Qlik Sense in regard to fragmenting the backend security, but you do have the QlikView Publisher Document Administrators that allows delegation of task creation and task management in the QlikView Publisher.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Raj, the only way to do this is going to be via the QMS APIs:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

That is the official documentation on the QMS APIs, the only other point I can give you is to check our code for our QMC pages and scripts and try to reverse engineer what you need etc.  I am not aware of any customers that have gone to this trouble.  Most use the feature Vegar mentioned to lock down access to the Administrative side of things.  You can use the QMC Help link on the QMC pages to see how to configure the Document Administrators etc.  The QVS Folder Access tab is where you can grant people access to certain Folder Mounts on the QVS, but as Vegar noted, that is as granular as it gets in the QlikView QMC, anything else will have to be custom developed.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.